NeoGAF forum user “ntkrnl” has posted a wide range of details on what he claims to be Microsoft’s plans for the Xbox One in 2014 and beyond. Some of the leaks aren’t terribly surprising while others might shocker gamers around the world
- Forza Horizon: “Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and… shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros.”
- White Xbone incoming.
- Why all the leaks? Scared you might get caught? “I am incapable of fear. Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn’t going to hurt anything, truthfully. We’re all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad. “
- Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
- Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
- Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
- Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014
- Is not Phil Spencer
- Black Tusk cancelled project was called “Shangheist.” May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure…)
- Fable Legends is Summer 2015
- Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
- Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
- First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
- No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it’s a 2016 title.
- A list w/dates of the rest of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 countries that Xbone will release in this year.
- No info/idea on what Rare’s up to, sadly.
- $399 XB1 this year? “Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive.”
Finally, Verge notes alongside the leak that the first major Xbox One system update will be released in March, and we have verified with a trusted source that March is indeed currently Microsoft’s target. The update will address a number of pain points, including Kinect voice control issues.
Read more: Yahoo